Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Sometimes you just shake your head

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Sometimes you just shake your head

    Lawson and Johnson combine for more fouls than JJ Kelly's entire team tonight. Amazing that PV was able to somehow win that game, that is the worst officiated game I've seen since 2001 Maryland/Duke in the Final Four.

    Personal Fouls for the game:
    Lawson and Johnson: 10
    JJ Kelly: 8 (one of which was a technical for not having the books right)
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sometimes you just shake your head

    My work schedule does not allow it,but if it changes,I may get into officiating. I don't claim to be John Wooden,but I do know what a charge,blocking foul,traveling violation,and over the back is. I used to be amazed by what I saw with officiating. Now I am jaded. You could bring Hoover Mitchell back from the grave and pair him with Dobber Kelly and Sammy Sensabaugh and I'd feel just as comfy with that as what we have running the show. They certainly couldn't do worse. We lost that one and my face didn't even change expression. I've seen it all. Regardless,we missed 2 FTs at the other end and set ourselves up for a last-second loss.

    Look for JJK to win the LPD Tourney. Why? because it's the wild and wooly LPD.

    Looks like that T for the mental blunder burned us after all DD
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  3. #3
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sometimes you just shake your head

    Tonight was terrible, the no call when Jordan got tripped under a minute to go was a joke. Watching the games I'm really amazed how PV continues to be competitive in games against JJK/JIB the advantage inside for JJK/JIB against PV is enormous.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Widespread_Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2004
    Posts
    325
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sometimes you just shake your head

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Indian_Dad</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Look for JJK to win the LPD Tourney. Why? because it's the wild and wooly LPD.
    </div></div>

    As much as I hope you're right I have my doubts. Kelly seems to play tight in the big games. Burton just goes out and plays like its a Norton park game and for some reason it works to their advantage. For whatever reason the pressure seems to hurt Kelly more than PV or JIB.
    The test is simple, if "your" team wins a national championship, do you get a championship ring? If the answer is yes, then you can say "we." If not, you can't.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_dexterh's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2007
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sometimes you just shake your head

    who was the officals

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_aoaofficial's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2003
    Posts
    119
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sometimes you just shake your head

    The officials were the Commissioner and his two crew members. Call him and complain. I once had a coach ask me who do you complain to when the commish is working the game and he's the one that you want to complain about.

    I have a question for Indian Dad. What is an over the back? I have read the rule book several times and have never seen over the back being described as a foul. If a player goes over an opponents back, then he must be about a year or two away from the NBA because that means that he can really jump.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2007
    Posts
    807
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sometimes you just shake your head

    Read my Quote!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sometimes you just shake your head

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aoaofficial</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The officials were the Commissioner and his two crew members. Call him and complain. I once had a coach ask me who do you complain to when the commish is working the game and he's the one that you want to complain about.

    I have a question for Indian Dad. What is an over the back? I have read the rule book several times and have never seen over the back being described as a foul. If a player goes over an opponents back, then he must be about a year or two away from the NBA because that means that he can really jump. </div></div>


    its basically considered a loose ball foul, its called all the time...just not really consistently

  9. #9
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sometimes you just shake your head

    It's called a push. I hate when officials try to act like people don't know the rules because they say over the back and not a push. Basically you cant jump over the man's back because you push him, so "over the back" is slang for a push.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sometimes you just shake your head

    (applauds)
    Exactly
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •